What you will need:
1) Fluke 287 or 289 multimeter
2) IR189USB, IR/USB cable (Rev. II)
3) FlukeView Forms v3.8
4) Operating system: Windows 7 , 8, 8.1 or 10
Connecting to FlukeView Forms:
- First, connect the meter to your PC using the IR189USB cable.
- Next, start up FlukeView Forms. The software will search all available COM Ports and locate your device.
- If successful, a window will appear and ask if you want to “Get Meter Data”. This might take a few seconds.
- Select 'OK' to view the meter's memory.
- If the 'Get Meter Data' window does not automatically display, check the bottom right corner of the software window. There should be a COM port # listed and the cable diagram should be complete without a red block signal.
- When the software cannot connect to your device and/or locate the COM port, the issue could be that the IR189USB cable driver is not properly installed. Please feel free to view the article: "IR189USB - Installing Drivers" for further assistance.
Another possible issue for not being able to connect or download data is the IR189USB REV II cable is defective. Here is a picture of the latest version of the IR189USB REV II cable. If you don't have this type of sticker on it purchase a replacement.